We all know that a short foot massage every now and then can really help us relax, particularly after a long day of standing up and walking around, when our feet tend to swell up. When was the last time you’ve given yourself this pleasure? It is surely the best technique to relax the muscles and other benefits.
Here are some:
- It’s good for your sex life- a little bit of massage oil, a few scented candles and slow music can set up the perfect mood for a night of passionate lovemaking.
- Improves blood flow- It improves the circulation on the lower extremities, that is very beneficial for diabetic persons.
- Lowers fat.
- Stimulates the secretion of sweat.
- Helps prevent foot and ankle injuries- especially when massage is combined with foot and ankle strengthening exercise and stretching it can prevent future injuries as well as speed up recovery of existing injuries.
- Eliminates those acids that could cause cramps.
The explanation for the possibility of these benefits is that when pressure is applied on specific points on the feet it created opportunity to treat some diseases. It is also helpful for overall health and it helps maintain the good work of the organism in shape.
All you need is 10-15 minutes massage before you go to bed and have a good night sleep, without having trouble with restless legs or back pain. By pressing the main points on your feet, you stimulate the work of other parts of the body beause the feet play a big role in the nervous system of the body.
You can learn more about reflexology and pressure points from the video below: